I have another small finish to show you all!
I’m really quite enjoying having small projects on the go whilst I’m doing a large project, it’s great to have some finished along the way.
The Ravenclaw pin cushion that I had started for the last update is now done. Here it is fully stitched:
I’m really happy with how the back stitched scrolling on the sides came out. But I decided against back stitching the top after trying it out because it just didn’t look right.
That does mean that the top looks a bit more bare compared to the slytherin pin cushion that I made but I don’t think that’s too much of a problem.
I also managed to get it made up too:
Once the stitching is done, the cutting, stuffing and seaming only takes about half an hour to do all together and I’m really happy with how it turned out. I actually like it a bit more than the Slytherin one. Whoops. Here are both of them together so you can see what I mean about the fronts being different.
I’ve already uploaded the pattern to my etsy and plans for the Gryffindor version are already in motion.
Here are the links of everyone else who takes part in the stitch a long:
We all post progress on whatever we are stitching every three weeks. It’s a wonderful way to keep motivated if your like me and end up with lots of WIPs rather than finished projects!
I’m away on holiday at the moment so I won’t be going around the houses or replying to comments this weekend (if I do, tell me off please) but I’ll try to take a look at everyone’s progress once I’m back and reply then.
Happy stitching everyone!