I have done more stitching than last month but not as much as I wanted. Life got in the way and by that I mean making dozens of Christmas cards takes up a lot of time and energy!
I started on the lovely Christmas ornament kit that Claire sent me as part of her giveaway. I’ve never worked on plastic canvas or out of a hoop before so it was interesting. I think my needles slightly fat as I have to tug it a bit to get it through but needle sizes confuse me so while I probably have a better needle I haven’t been bothered to look.
I had to pick my own colours out of my stash so some of them are a bit different, I’ve also merged a few. (there were two cream colours and a light green that I’ve merged into one) so hopefully it’ll come out looking alright. But as I got busier I realised that there was no way I was going to get this done for Christmas so I’ve put it to the side for now and switched back to my Slytherin pin cushion and focused on stitching that.
I did have to get some more Slytherin Green (DMC 890) but luckily it coincided with my visit to the craft shop so it was easy to pick up.
Here’s where I was last time compared to now:
I realised after a bit that I had miscounted the stripes down the side (or rather forgot to recalculate them after I changed the size). Nothing major and no ripping out needed but now the middle bit on the two sides will be five stitches across rather than the three I meant to do. I don’t think that will look too bad though.
I might even get onto starting the black stitches for the next update!
The Sal group posts every third Sunday and we all work on whichever project we want so you should check out what stitchy things they are getting up to: